Saturday, January 1, 2011

January's Arrival

For those of you who have been following my blog for awhile, you know I like to acknowledge the beginning of each month with some fun facts and trivia about the month, but I thought I would change things up just a little bit as far as my presentation goes. I hope you enjoy my latest peice of frivolous fun in doing my monthly welcomes! My featured items will be followed by some questions about January - can you come up with the answers? If you need help, the answers are all part of the featured items... and the actual answers can be seen by clicking at the very end of each question and dragging your cursor to the right to reveal the hidden text!















Winter 8 x 10 High Resolution Print
available from ArtworkByStorm** on Etsy





















Janus Katemi Plaque available from Katemi (emilian)** on Etsy















1) ______ is the Roman God of Beginnings and the God that the month of January happens to be named after! Janus
2) Country music legend Marty Robbins sang about a white sport coat and a pink one of these. This flowery symbol of January is a _____________. Carnation
3) The traditional birthstone for January, ___________, is also the state mineral for the state of Connecticut, and the state gemstone for New York. Garnet
4) This religious holiday is also known as Twelfth Day. Epiphany
5) Most people wake up on New Year's morning thinking about this, but before you know it, they've completely stopped worrying about it. No, not winter... a resolution!

I'm going to be doing some different things with my posts and features for 2011 - just to change things up a little and to be able to share more of a variety of themes and ideas with you. One thing I will be doing is making an effort to choose more of my featured shops and items from my list of followers on my blog, Facebook page, and twitter. The more visible you make yourself to me by commenting, sharing, and retweeting, the easier it will be for me to find you! I'd like to leave my themes a little more open at this point to enable me to build a post around your shop items! I can think of a bazillion things to write about, sometimes it's a little harder to find great product items to share, so I hope you'll share in the fun!

Let's see what I can come up with for tomorrow...lol! Have a great day :)

**designates an undiscovered or underdiscovered shop!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails