Friday, July 30, 2010

Delightful Discoveries - Goldenrod Fantasy 07.30.10

Tell me, sunny goldenrod,
Growing everywhere,
Did fairies come from fairyland
And make the dress you wear?

Did you get from mines of gold
Your bright and shining hue?
Or did the baby stars some night
Fall down and cover you?

Or did the angels wave their wings
And drop their glitter down
Upon you, laughing goldenrod,
Your nodding head to crown?

Or are you clad in sunshine
Caught from summer's brightest day,
To give again in happy smiles
To all who pass your way?

I love you, laughing goldenrod,
And I will try, like you,
To fill each day with deeds of cheer;
Be loving, kind, and true.

~ Mrs. F. S. Lovejoy


Sweet little poem, isn't it? I love the imagery it evokes and the message it sends - whimsical, carefree, and filled with cheer - and I'm hoping you'll think my choices for today's feature bring about some of those same thoughts and sentiments to mind!
From buttercupbloom comes this adorable Tiny Wee Hoot Owl - Buttercup Lovers - Eco Friendly Kids Plush Doll with a Secret Pocket! Is it not the most adorable little plushie? Described as a "palm sized handful of cute" this little sweetie features a secret pocket on its back perfect for tooth fairy coins, a wee love note, lucky penny or small scroll of positive affirmations!



Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse! MemoriesforLifesb offers this enchanting Disney Scrapbook Photo Album featuring none other than the Head Mouse himself. Perfect as a coffee table book to share your latest Disney adventures, or the perfect gift for someone heading off to Disneyworld or Disneyland, this book has room for 20 photos of Mouseketeering Fun. Trying to think of a good enough reason to buy it now? Consider this... M-I-C (see it sell fast) ...K-E-Y... why? Because you love it! M-O-U-S-E...



Lastly, because goldenrod has beautiful golden flowers, I wanted to find something appropriately floral that also had beautiful golden flowers. I chose this Sunflower Wreath from LaurelsbyLaurie 'cuz it's just so darned pretty and because my friend Laurie is just such a sweetheart! (And I happen to love sunflowers!) Greet your guests with this cheery wreath in your entryway, or use it to add a touch of homespun warmth and beauty to any room in your home!


There you have it - my tribute to glorious goldenrod in all its grandeur! I hope you enjoyed - and I hope you'll stop back by to see tomorrow's feature when I'll spotlight some amazing sea green beauties! My current schedule as well as larger samples of my featured colors can be found by clicking on "Be Featured" in my right sidebar! If you have a sea green item you'd like to share, please just click here to e-mail me the link. Then be sure to check back to see what my final selections were!

Hope your weekend gets off to a marvelous start... I think I'll spend some time today doing what the poem said - To fill my day with deeds of cheer and be loving, kind, and true.

2 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Thank you for featuring my album Karen! Your write up on it put a smile on my face :)

laurelsbylaurie said...

Hi Karen: Thank YOU so much for featuring my sunflower wreath. You have the most wonderful blog and you are an amazing writer. If you check out my shop, you'll see the link to my Treasuries and I just made a Treasury using SEAFOAM green and DESERT PEACH. I thought of you in the desert southwest!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails