Saturday, November 5, 2011

6 on Saturday - Edition 5

Welcome to my 6 Saturday, where I have the pleasure of featuring new, undiscovered and underdiscovered shops on Etsy that haven't yet met the criteria for syndication, a qualifier that will give them much needed visibility on Google shopping. I love taking this opportunity to share some of these great shops with you, and hopefully give them a bit of a boost on their entrepreneurial journey!

No more suspense... here's today's 6 on Saturday for today, November 5, 2011. Enjoy - and be sure to show them some love!!!

I chose this first shop with the holidays in mind. My daughter and daughters-in-law have already brought up the subject of clothes for the kiddies, and with all of the photo ops during the holiday season, it's nice to be able to dress the little ones in something memorable. Tutu dresses are still all the rage, and ClaraBellesBoutique has some truly awesome options! (My current favorite is the Santa Dress, but they are all adorable!) Bonnie opened her shop in August and, as of this writing, has 5 sales to her credit, and hopes you'll be number 6!


Having spent the better part of my youth in Chicago (26 years to be exact) I still have an appreciation for the winters back there. Trust me, that wind whipping in off of Lake Michigan will chill you to the bone in no time flat - if it doesn't manage to park you on your bum first! I speak from experience there :) Toppytoppy is based in the Chicagoland area, and I can tell that Coral - the accessory artisan behind this great shop - knows what it takes to keep warm...and stylish! From hats in all styles and even characters, to scarves, to fingerless gloves, to sweaters, and more - if it can be crocheted or knit, you can probably find it at toppytoppy.  I personally love the bulky cable knit designs and the adorable earflap hats, but I'd love to hear what your favorite is. Coral's had 7 sales to date, and with the weather forecast being a wicked one for the coming season, now's the time to pick out something great to help keep you warm and toasty!!


Judy, of JaySilver, calls the East Midlands in the UK home, and she has special place in her heart for greyhounds, donating a portion of her profits to charities who help with the adoption of these amazing dogs once their racing days are over.  My oldest son and his family have adopted two "retired" greyhounds (both were under the age of 5 at the time) and I can attest to the fact that this breed makes a wonderful addition to any household. And with a life expectancy of 12-15 years, there is definitely a need for adoptive homes with thousands of greyhounds being retired each year. Enough about the dogs for a moment - Judy has some awesome jewelry designs as well as some adorable pet tags and accessories. Everything is colorful and unique, and while she has 3 sales right now, you might want to head over to her shop and pick up something cute for you and your pet - and help out a great cause at the same time!


I adore trinket boxes, and my stepdaughter does too - so I'm always on the look for great new shops featuring pretty much any style of these pieces of whimsy. TheDecorativeBox is my new favorite, filled with a multitude of feminine and frilly treasure caches. What young lady (or mom, sister, aunt, grandma, or friend) wouldn't love something sweet, in any of a number of themes and color combinations, to hide their prized possessions in? Belva has 9 sales right now, but I think that number will go up quickly as this lovely shop gets more exposure. Get a jump on your holiday shopping now and stop there for the best selection!


For those of you who love to work with yarn to create your own awesome accessories to wear or sell, this next shop is for you!  Suzy, the woolwench, calls Utrecht, in the Netherlands, home now, but she is a New Zealander by birth. Having grown up around sheep, she has a love of wool, and the magic that can be created by spinning and dyeing it by hand which she is sharing with the world through woolwench. Being a knitter and crocheter myself, I love the colors and textures shown in her offerings, and I think you'll love them too!  Suzy's off to a good start with 8 sales - now pick out something amazing for your next project and make that number grow! I'd love to see the finished product too - so don't hesitate to let me know about it, and I'll even post it on my blog!


The world of fabric and textiles is my last artisan's favorite retreat. Lori Craffey, a Rhode Island resident, is the creative energy behind LittleRhodyDesignCo, a sweet little shop filled with - you guessed it - fabric and textile creations. I love the variety in this shop, and since Lori is blessed with a love of variety as well, you'll find her putting her skills to work on any number of items from crayon carriers to tea towels, and wristlets to home decor treats. This underdiscovered shop has 4 sales, and a plethora of ideas for versatile gifts for friends and family this holiday season, so be sure to stop by!


As always, if you're just starting out or know of a shop that is and would enjoy a feature, introduce me to the shop and you may find it featured in one of my future 6 on Saturday features. Use the "Contact Me" option in the menu bar at the top of the page and send me the links!

Best of luck to these un- and underdiscovered shops - and happy shopping to you all!!

xo,

10 comments:

TheDecorativeBox said...

Thank you so much for sharing my boxes with your viewers it is very much appreciated! Sincerely, Belva aka The Decorative Box

WoolWench said...

What a thrill to see you included me and my yarn in your Saturday feature! Thank you so much! I am honored to be in such great company today :)

Toppy Toppy said...

Thank you so much for sharing my work with your viewers. I really appreciate that.
Sincerely,
Coral

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

What a wonderful surprise! Thank you SO much! I am indeed honoured to have my 'Jay Silver' shop featured.

I will check out the other shops, too - I already know I love that bucket hat!

Teresa Kline said...

these are some great finds...thanks for sharing...hope your weekend is grand!

enjoy *~*

Karen said...

Thanks to all the shops for the pleasure of sharing them with my readers! Glad everyone is liking my selections :) Thanks to you,Teresa, for the weekend warm wishes - it's going to be a busy one, for sure!

FabricFascination said...

What a fun feature, and you've found some lovely shops.

Memories for Life said...

Great features! Love that Chrismtas Tutu!!!

Rose Clearfield said...

I love the mix of shops! The last one is my favorite. I do not work with fabric much so I'm always in awe of what people can do with it.

You are right about needing warm winter accessories in Chicago (I grew up there, too). The same holds true for most areas of the midwest!

Megan Petersen said...

Those gloves!!! Must.... HAVE....

Related Posts with Thumbnails