1)True or False - The bible story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden speaks about the devil (in the form of a serpent) tempting Eve with an apple from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. False - the bible simply refers to it as the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The idea that it was an apple was popularized in the 15th century by Renaissance artists.
2) On the average, how many apples does it take to make one gallon of apple cider? a) 25 b)36 c)52 d)78 The correct answer is b) 36 apples.
3)What type of apple is the only apple that is native to North America? a) red delicious b) golden delicious c) crab apple d) granny smith The c) crab apple is the only apple that is native to North America.
4)True or False - If you plant a seed from a red delicious apple, you'll grow a red delicious apple tree that will bear delicious fruit in about 7-10 years. False - Planting an apple seed from a particular apple will not produce a tree of that same variety. The seed is a cross of the tree the fruit was grown on and the variety that was the cross pollinator.
5) Botanically speaking, apples belong to the same family as this fragrant flower. a) lily b) marigold c) rose d) gardenia Apples belong to the same family as c) roses
6) How many varieties of apples are grown throughout the world? a) 50 b) 250 c) 1425 d) 7500 Give or take a variety or two, d)7500 varieties of apples are grown throughout the world.
7) The current world's record for the largest apple belongs to Chissato Iwasaki of Japan. His record winning apple weighed a) 2 lbs 4 oz b) 3 lbs 2oz c) 4 lbs 1oz d) 5 lbs 6oz Mr Iwasaki's record breaking apple weighed in at c) 4 lbs 1 oz - enough for two 9" pies!
8) One Bad Apple was a 1970 release by what performing family? a) The Jackson Five b) The Osmonds c) The Partridge Family d) The BeeGees That was Donny Osmond of b) The Osmonds hitting those high notes!
9) What historical figure appeared on the original logo developed for Apple, Inc (formerly Apple Computers, Inc)? a) Sir Isaac Newton b) Adam in the garden of Eden c) Johnny Appleseed d) William Tell Before the familiar apple with a bite was designed, the logo for Steve Jobs' brainchild sported an image of a) Sir Isaac Newton.
10) The first single released anywhere by the Beatles under their new Apple label was a) Blackbird b) Hey Jude c) Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da d) Back in the USSR. It was b) Hey Jude, although all of these songs were on the first album released by the group under the Apple Label - The Beatles (better known as their White Album)
Now - for all of you apple lovers out there...
|Red Apple Cozy|
|Spiced Apple Cider Butter Caramels|
|Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter|
|Apple Cake by AndisAppleCakes|
|Girl's Apple Shoes by|
|Apple Jack Cold Process Soap|
Enjoy your day!