Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wishful Wednesday - A Day at the Beach

A couple of years ago, we headed off to San Diego for a week of business for my husband, and the hopes of some relaxing diversion for me. We were fortunate that we were able to stay at the renowned Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island, and for me, it was pure bliss that I only had to walk a few yards to reach the beach. I spent my mornings exploring the beach, looking for tidal pools, collecting shells, and photographing the waves as they hit the rocks. Occasionally I'd find the remains of a partially built sand castle as I strolled along the sand, but more often my finds were limited to shells and seaweed, Looking out over the huge expanse of seemingly endless water, I felt in awe of the immensity of our beautiful blue planet and blessed that, being one tiny speck in the universe, I could experience the incredible beauty of the sea and sand.

My oldest son is heading off to San Diego for a family vacation soon, and I must admit that I'm a bit envious. I miss the ocean, and even though I hear it beckoning to come and play, it will probably be awhile before I can head back there. So, for the time being, I'll be wishing I was walking along the beach, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of this magical place...

Walk along with me in my reverie as I share some lovely ocean-y inspired items from the world of handmade and the shops of some of my teammates on the various teams I belong to...

The Mermaid's Treasure by RivahHippys

Curled Up by the Sea by MysticWynd

Mermaid and Turtle from ShanaSquierFineArt


Brass White Starfish Necklace by HeadpinWear

Dog Walk on the Beach by GerdasGarden

Beach Wedding Cuff from LapisBeach

Sunrise on Atlantic Ocean by Kiomade


What are you wishing for this wonderful Wishful Wednesday?
xo,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
All the selections that you chose are beautiful!
I love your piece as well, I think its very cool :)

Thank you for including my Brass White Starfish Necklace. I really appreciate it!

Cathy

Shana Squier said...

Thank you for featuring my Mermaid & Turtle fine art print! What a beautiful post!

Karen said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing everyone's opinion of my posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails