Grilled Salmon Kebabs with VegetablesIngredients for four(4) kebabs
- 2 lb. thick salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, rosemary, or thyme (1 tsp if using dried herbs!)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 large sweet or red onions
- 2 zucchini squash
- 2 crookneck squash (yellow summer squash)
- Portabello Mushrooms
Combine all of the ingredients except the fish and vegetables until well blended with a wire whisk. Cut the salmon into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes. Cut the vegetables (excluding the mushrooms) into 1" pieces/slices/wedges. Skewer the fish and vegetables alternating for color if desired. Cap each skewer with a mushroom. Drizzle the marinade over the skewered fish and vegetable and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Towards the end of the marinating period, prepare a charcoal or wood fire, or preheat a gas grill.
Grill about 8 to 10 minutes turning once. Baste with leftover marinade if desired, but make sure you do this early enough that the marinade is heated through thoroughly!
Serve with a side salad and/or seasoned rice and enjoy!