Thursday, September 16, 2010

Delightful Discoveries - Replete With Wheat 09.16.10

Before I start today's color feature of the color wheat, thought I'd share a couple of photos from yesterday's birthday fun with my granddaughter Kennedy for her third birthday as well as the family celebration on Sunday. We had a busy day yesterday mixing business with pleasure - from breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes at IHOP while mommy hung around the lab having pregnancy glucose testing done) to a trip to the McCormick-Stillman railroad park (two train rides and a couple of carousel rides as well), then off to the pediatrician for a quick 3 year check up (yay - no shots!!!) and finally a late lunch at Red Robin with a Happy Birthday Sing-a-long with the waitstaff, it was fun birthday and left the birthday girl and her little sis pretty exhausted! (And there was still more celebrating to be done with Mommy and Daddy later that evening!)
Birthday celebration photos with family, little sis, mom and dad!


Such little hams...lol... alas, no more grandkids' birthdays until February - although the new arrival's actual "birth" day should be in early December!

Now, where was I? Ah yes... some wonderful winsome wheat! Whether you call it wheat, or beige, or tan or light khaki, this lovely shade is a gorgeous neutral that works well year round! Thanks to everyone who submitted items - your input is very greatly appreciated :)


Vogue me from Vikotas **
Harvested Wheat Fields Berry Wreath from twoinspireyou
Patriot Beer Soap - Cherry Wheat
from thepinksink


Tan Wool Fedora frm paperdollvintage
Vintage Winter Wheat Nubby Coat from thevintagemistress
Tan leather FERRAGAMO loafers from dahlilafound
HANDMADE BLONDE PEACOCK FEATHERS BAG from daphnenen



Love the subtle beauty of this soft neutral - it looks amazing with deep rich black, brown, navy, or even rust for autumn and fall, with muted greys and dusty roses for spring, and simply by itself or with summery brights in hot weather. Very versatile!

Tomorrow, let's take a look at gold... both the color and the metal are perfectly acceptable for your nominations. I'd love to see the best of the best, so send them on over via the "contact me" link at the top of the blog. Also - thought I'd mention that I spent some time yesterday evening updating my "Be Featured" schedule (with a few new types of features) which can be accessed via the right sidebar , so stop by and check out my plans for October!

Off to catch up on some housework and paperwork and hopefully get some creative time in this evening. Hope your day is as productive as I'm dreaming mine will be...lol... see you tomorrow!


**designates an undiscovered or underdiscovered shop!

2 comments:

ViKotas said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Even at my age, I still love carousels.
I have never seen blond peacock feathers before: very nice.
Many thanks for including my "Vogue me"

twoinspireyou said...

What a fun blog! I really enjoyed the reads. What a fun Peacock Feather bag and crochet and wooden beaded bracelet. Sweet finds on Etsy:) Thanks so much for including my wreath... so thoughtful of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails