Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Walk Through the Woods

Today's theme will feature woodland items and I thought it would be fun to share my finds with you via a poem attributed to a Sgt Leighton G Harris.  It's a favorite of the scouting community and I hope it will become a favorite of yours as well.  The imagery and tone of the poem was perfect for the many lovely items I'd like to share with you today, so I hope you'll enjoy! 

When you walk through woods, I want you to see...

The floating gold of a bumblebee.
Bumblebee Yard Ornament by SaltyPeanutStitchery

Rivers of sunlight, pools of shade,

When you walk through woods, I want you to hear...
A million sounds in your little ear,
The scratch and rattle of wind-tossed trees,
Forest Trees Wall Decals by DecalsMurals

A rush, a timid chipmunk flees.
Needle Felted Wool Chipmunk by ClaudiaMari
The cry of a hawk from the distant sky,
Surveying Hawk by JasonTennant


The purr of leaves when a breeze rolls by,
Falling Leaves Necklace by MysticWynd

Brooks that mumble, stones that ring,
Woodland Stream - Original Photograph 8x10 by TammieBowdenPhoto


When you walk through the woods I want you to feel
That no mere man could make this real...
Could paint the throb of a butterfly’s wings,

Large Aqua Butterfly Metal Wall Decor by TropicAccents
Could teach a woodchuck how to sing,
5 Groundhog Finger Puppets by HandfulOfPuppets

Could give the wonders of earth and sky;
Glittering Night Sky 5x7 by KimDot
There’s something greater than you or I.
When you walk through the woods
and the birches nod,
Son, meet a friend of mine named GOD.


Hope you enjoyed! Blessings~

4 comments:

Tammie Bowden said...

I love how you've tied together your awesome finds with a sweet poem... I'm definitely ready for a walk in the woods!
Thanks so much for including me here :)
All the best,
Tammie

Decals Murals said...

Thank you so much for including my decals!! Great finds!

Jon Barrows said...

This is a great collection and a fun way to present all of these etsy items. Thanks for including my Redwood Sunlight photo. I'm offering a special 10% discount at my shop to anyone who happens upon my work as a result of this posting, just use the code: "REDWOOD" at checkout.

kold_kadavr_ flatliner said...

That's gorgeous, dear...
yet, Seventh-Heaven is still mo4eternity.
Lemme show you how to wiseabove.

Earthling...
Q: what's the MOST important objective
N our lifelong demise determined by us?
A: achieving Seventh-Heaven: in the
Great Beyond, everythang is possible.

When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
have done in our Finite Existence.
Find-out what RCIA means and join.

PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
if you're RIGHT,
you'll see the LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Make Your Choice -SAW

Related Posts with Thumbnails