Fruit and Nut Fluff
- 1 large package of Pistachio pudding mix (sugar free/fat free to cut calories)
- 2 cups milk (skim to cut fat and calories)
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks (or a 15 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained)
- 1 small can of mandarin orange slices, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup Pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (15oz) can of Fruit cocktail packed in fruit juice, drained (the type with a high cherry content makes for a more colorful salad if you can find it!)
- 1 cup colored marshmallows
- 1 extra large container of fat free whipped topping
Combine pudding with milk and blend with electric mixer until well blended. The mixture should be very thick.
Fold in whipped topping just until light and fluffy.
Stir in remaining ingredients (don't forget to drain all of the fruit, or you'll wind up with Fruit and nut soup!) If you'd like, sprinkle some toasted coconut or additional chopped pistachios on top to make it look pretty. Chill for at least an hour, and enjoy!
Tips: This will taste better if it's completely chilled, so you might want to pop the fruit in the fridge and let it get cold before you begin making the recipe. Also, I always use a chilled metal mixing bowl when I'm working with anything that has milk or a whipped cream/topping base. I just put the bowl and beaters in the freezer while I'm getting everything else ready, and by the time I'm ready to start mixing, they're perfectly chilled!