Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Delightful Discoveris - Dante's Diva 12.08.10

Proserpina, Roman queen of the underworld, consort to Hades, and the subject of this piece of art by Dante Gabriel (Gabriel Charles Dante) Rossetti, a 19th century English poet, illustrator, and painter. Like Dante Alighieri, the author of Dante's Inferno, and the poet he revered so much that he chose to sign his work as Dante Rossetti in his honor... Rosetti had a fascination with the sensual pleasures of life and their possible links to the life of underworld realm. Today's featured color, Proserpina blue was given its name since it is the beautiful blue which highlights this masterpiece's dreamy otherworldly vision of this dark mythical queen.

This blue has qualities of deep teal blue, with just the slightest charcoal undertones - deep, dark, dramatic and mystical. I think it makes a lovely accent color for accessories and decor and elicits the energy of a stormy night - both electrifying and brilliant at once. I hope you enjoy the items I've selected that I think come very close to matching this color and its energies!





Drapey Top - Bamboo - Made to Measure from Ureshii
Raintree Green Dangles from jenspARTiculars**
Storm night - Merino Yarn Fine Lace weight from Dyeforwool





MINI.Carpet.Bag w/ Adjustable Strap (Dark Teal) from peacelovenpolkadots
Maya... Vintage Lucite -Dark Teal- and Sterling Silver Earrings from etco
Deep Teal Fresh Cut Flower on a partially lined hair clip from LaMyasBoutique



Teal Reed Oil Diffuser from MuddyMommaPottery
Dark Teal Pillow Cover with Embroidery from sassypillows
Teal Blue Vase with Swirls and Dots from marymeestudio

Tomorrow I'm heading to the opposite end of the color spectrum for some dazzling maraschino cherry pinks! I usually think of this shade of pink as an accent color - something to add a little "pop" to a monochromatic color scheme or contrast to white or black, so I'll be stepping outside my comfort zone to bring you a look at some unique color schemes that incorporate this color. Be sure to stop by and see what there is to see - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Have a wonderful day - I'll see you soon!

**designates an undiscovered or underdiscovered shop!

5 comments:

etco said...

Beautiful blues! Love them all! Thank you so much for including my earrings.

Cel said...

I love Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Great theme for this selection, lovely colours and pretty items :)

FeltersJourney said...

How lovely to be part of this collection..I love Rossetti's painting of Proserpina! I love Dante Gabriel & Christina Rossetti... thank you so much for including my shawl in this beautiful post :)

Unknown said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!! The shades of teal match exactly! Thanks so much for including our yarn!^^

Shy Siren said...

WOW, look at that magnificent color! Incredible selections! Thank you so much for including my earrings! -Sara from Shy Siren

Related Posts with Thumbnails