Saturday, October 23, 2010

Delightful Discoveries - Metamorphosis - 10.23.10

All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by.
Precious butterfly.
Spread your wings and fly.

~Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
& Randy Thomas

Life is constantly changing, and as the years go by, we change as well... forever evolving, and like the butterfly, often struggling to find a way through our latest set of challenges. Today marked the occasion of my 52nd birthday, and as I reminisced with my family over the past year, I was also aware of the beginning of a new page in my life.

I'm not entirely sure of what life has in store for me, but I think, now more than ever, it's time to meet its challenges head on. Time passes entirely too quickly these days, leaving little in its wake except the memories of small accomplishments, to-do lists for coming days, and in my case, a desire to find a way to achieve the things I want to achieve to make my (albeit tiny) footprint on the heart of the world.

I chose butterflies for the theme today precisely because I have a habit on my birthday of assessing the past year and trying to figure out what struggles I need to overcome to make my "birthday cake wishes" come true. Like many years before this one, as I blew out the candles on my birthday cake, I wished for everyone close to me to find all of the things that make them happy in this coming year, myself included. I have to keep reminding myself that transformations that occur the slowest and sometimes with the most questions, are the ones that are most important to. I'm looking forward to continuing my metamorphosis through this year!





Crystal Faerie by ResurrectionArtGlass**
Do You Believe in Faeries-OOAK Flower Faerie Domino Pendant Beaded Necklace by faerymoongoddess
Sparkly Stained Glass Rainbow Butterfly Suncatcher by livingglassart
Butterfly Keepsake Box by funkyart08
Pink Lucite flowers bag purse or mobile phone charm by BlueForrestJewellery
Half Yard - Butterflies Floral Bouquets from LindaSFabricStash's shop
Pure Joy Handmade Card by Astonishing**
Butterfly No. 2 etched sterling silver necklace by PunkyJane
Wee Butterfly Bobby Pin - Baby Blue Sky Beauty by AlpineGypsy
Butterfly Necklace w Mirror in Purple and Black - Reflections in Lavender from MysticWynd
small butterfly clips by latedajewels
Handpainted Gourd Birdhouse Monarch Butterfly on by SharonsCustomArtwork**

Thank you for stopping by! I'll be back late again tomorrow with a feature on steampunk, so be sure to stop back by! I'd love to share a few more pieces of steampunk, so if there's any in your shop or a shop you love, please send me the link by clicking the "contact me" button in the main menu!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

**designates an undiscovered or underdiscovered shop!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Such a wonderful collection of flutterbys! Great post...thank you so much for including my Etched Butterfly Necklace!

Blue Forest Jewellery said...

Karen,
What a lovely post, and a lovely collection of picks. Thank you for including my little butterfly purse charm. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and that your wishes for you and your loved ones all come true!
Alison @ Blue Forest Jewellery

Theresa MacNaughton said...

It's never too late in the season to appreciate butterflies and faeries. What a lovely collection of goodies! Thanks so much for including me. :)
Theresa

ViKotas said...

We have numerous opportunities to grow into someone better..... to meet that challenge takes courage. Sometimes we lose a friend on the way, but in the end it benefits everyone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails