Saturday, July 24, 2010

Color Wheel of Fortune 07.24.10

Even though I had been carefully avoiding the question, someone asked me what I would call today's featured color. While it's not quite a navy, and it's not quite a royal blue, it took me a bit, but I finally came up with the answer! In honor of Queen Elizabeth's recent visit to the states, I'm calling this one royal navy blue (for Her Majesty's royal navy!)

I think it's befitting then, that two of my three choices for today's feature come from the United Kingdom. I didn't plan it that way, but I've learned not to second-guess fate!


My first pick is this lovely "Blue Velvet Earth" necklace from suzedablooze (aka Lynwood Jewels) based out of the county of Northumberland in the UK. By combining stunning Swarovski Crystallized Elements with caged sodalite beads, and a handcrafted PMC sterling silver star, Susie has created this design as a tribute to our world and its place in the universe! Isn't it stellar? [wink]







My second selection comes from Studio827KC based out of Kansas City. This Blue Circle Pocket Journal is a stylish organizational tool, designed to fit perfectly in your purse or tote. It also features eco-friendly Green Seal Certified pages which utilize a minimum of 30% PC (recycled) fiber. I love the clean and crisp design and the fact that it has a page marker and a pocket in the back for receipts, etc. Simply classic!









Wales, also in the UK, is the homeland of Sarah from SerenHandCrafts, another relative newcomer to the Etsy community having joined in February of this year. When you visit her shop, you'll find a lovely collection of handmade fabric brooches, pins and corsages - some quite fancy and frilly and some that are charming in their simplicity like today's featured item! Add a touch of color and panache to your dress, coat, or handbag with this Navy Blue Gingham Flower Brooch - I think it's a great little accessory and I'm sure you will too!




Tomorrow you'll be viewing some vibrant lime green items, so be sure to bring your shades! If you have a lime green item that you'd like to have featured here, or a lime green favorite from another shop that you'd like to nominate, just click here to e-mail me the link and be sure to check back tomorrow to see what my final selections were! For more information on upcoming features, please click on "Be Featured" in the right sidebar of this blog!

Enjoy the remainder of your Saturday, and I hope to see you back here tomorrow for more color fun!

3 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Love what you named the color! And love the items you selected to feature :)

Susiem (Lynwood Jewellery) said...

Thank you so much for including my necklace in your lovely blog, I am honoured!
p.s. you can tell I'm from the UK by the way I spell honoured!!

Susie xx

Karen said...

I'm honoured to have you here, Susie! And I almost changed the title of the post to "Colour" Wheel of Fortune - wasn't sure who would understand why! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails