Thursday, July 22, 2010

Color Wheel of Fortune 07.22.10

"There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transfer a yellow spot into the sun."--Pablo Picasso

Yellow shines with optimism, inspires with enlightenment, and glows with happiness. It advances from surrounding colors and carries energy and vitality wherever it appears. It is by far the most cheerful color in the spectrum, and people who like this color tend to be young-at-heart with a sunny disposition. I hope my choices for today's brilliant yellows add a bit of brightness to your day!



Kids are creative - in fact, creativity is at its height in childhood! Thank goodness for all of those moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas and other creative souls who encourage creativity in children. But any outlet for creativity can also create a mess, especially with the little ones who love to "make stuff just like mommy". Here's an "Animaltastic" solution that will help keep your little ones just a bit cleaner in the process. SarahsStitchesMI has this bright and whimsical Animaltastic Kids Apron in a colorful animal print against a bright yellow background to protect your kids while they're being creative. This apron ties in the back and has an adjustable neckstrap to allow it to grow with your budding artisan!








And of course, you're entitled to enjoy some cheery bright color in your summer accessory wardrobe as well! While I'm going to make you visit AStonesThrow to read the entire story behind the inspiration for Lola - a Pink and Yellow Plumeria Pleated Purse, I can tell you that I fell in love with this summery style before I even read the description. What a beautiful bag this would be to take with on your next tropical vacation destination! It's like a taste of radiant tropical beauty that you can carry with you wherever you go :)








Dragonflies always fascinated me as a child. My dad and I would go fishing for sunfish and bluegill from the reeds of some nearby lakes and ponds, and I would always look for the iridescent glimmer of dragonfly wings as they hovered over the cattails in the early morning sun. PKStuff's Dragonfly themed Key Fob in yellow brought back some great memories of those Saturday morning fishing trips. Dragonflies are so whimsical and when paired with this sunny yellow background, it's pretty hard to resist giving in to a little a little fashion playfulness with an accessory like this!


I don't know about you, but looking at all of this yellow has definitely put me in a cheery mood! I'd like to thank all of the many, many people who sent me their yellow items to view. I hope you all continue to send scads of items to make my decision making even tougher! I only wish I could feature them all :)

I'm guessing that tomorrow's color, this beautiful dark rose pink, will probably have me sifting through lots of shabby chic cottage themed items to pick my favorites, but I could be wrong! I would imagine there are many things on Etsy that will throw a sophisticated and modern slant on this enchanting color - so please feel free to nominate as many pieces from your own shop or your list of favorites as you think might fit this color theme! Just click here to e-mail me the link and I'll check it out. And of course, you can find this and all of my future themes by clicking on "Be Featured" in my right sidebar.

Hope you have a bright sunshiny day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that handbag is delicious!


ViKotas
on Etsy

Related Posts with Thumbnails