Saturday, February 20, 2010

Early Morning Arrival

Well, the long awaited arrival of grandchild #6 (grandson #3) finally happened early this morning! Al and I were "on call" to babysit the "big brother to be" in case my daughter in law went into labor this weekend, so when the phone rang at 2 am this morning, I was positive it was either my son Mike or some wrong number.

Needless to say, the former was true... they were on their way to the hospital and gearing up for a typical labor and delivery. We were to pick up their older son around 6:30 (my DIL's mom lives much closer and was on call for middle of the night probabilities) and then sit tight until the baby arrived. Since I figured I could still grab a couple hours of rest, if not sleep, I went back to bed and even managed to doze a bit. The phone rang again and in that sleepy state of mind, I thought perhaps I had overslept and they were wondering where I was. As I reached for the phone on the nightstand, I managed to focus on the LED display of the clock and when I saw the 4:40am, I thought perhaps it was just a wake up call from my son since I had told him I planned on being out of bed by 5. Imagine my surprise when he said that the baby had been born nearly an hour earlier!!!!

The typical congratulations and questions followed: Exact time of birth? 3:43am Healthy? Definitely. Kristen doing ok? Yup. How much did he weigh? 8 lbs 11 oz and 21" long (almost exactly like big brother!) Does he have hair? Yup - not as much as big brother did, and it's lighter, but quite a bit. Woohooo!!!!

We agreed that it would probably work out better if we made a quick stop at the hospital to see the baby before we picked up our older grandson, so we were able to meet our newest grandson around 6:45 this morning! We snapped a few quick pictures to share, so here he is - Connor Austin, our newest grandchild! And... a very proud mom and dad with their new little one!


In honor of this blessed event, I think a sale is in order! So for the remainder of the month of February, mention "Connor" in your notes to seller and receive a 20% rebate of your purchase price (excluding shipping) via paypal!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a precious baby. He's absolutely adorable. Congratulations!

AWJ said...

Aw, congratulations to everyone! :)

Birdhouse Accents said...

Congrat

Kathleen said...

Very precious! congrats!

Anonymous said...

How precious! Connor Austin is adorable! What a nice name too! His chubby little cheeks look so kissable! My one and only grandchild (Savanna Michelle) is 6 months old. She has me wrapped around her little finger! Congratulations to you all!

Splendid Little Stars said...

How awesome! Congratulations! I can only imagine that having grandchildren must be wonderful! Austin is a precious baby and you are so blessed to have 6 grandchildren!

Memories for Life said...

What a happy little family :)
Congrats Grandma!

Blue & White Wear said...

Oh How precious! He is just beautiful! Congratulations! I love his first name - it's my last name. :)

Nicole Bergman said...

Congrats to Grandma! He is perfect :)

Babamoon said...

awww congratulations to grandma and the happy parents! beautiful little boy :D

Victoria said...

Congratulations! I love that name too - Austin is on my list of potential baby names. :o) Glad everyone is doing well!

Unknown said...

congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats from patti of northernlodge to the new parents/proud grandparents

Related Posts with Thumbnails